Detection methods: HPLC
CAS No. : 537-42-8
Molecular Formula: C16H16O3
Molecular weight: 256.301
Appearance: Off-white to white crystalline powder
Melting range: 88℃～92℃
Assay (Basis on dried): ≥98.0%
Loss on Drying: 0.42%
Total Impurities: 0.9%
Residue on ignition: 0.06%
Heavy metals: ≤10ppm
Application of Pterostilbene:
1. Used for treating heart diseases such as high blood pressure and high cholesterol.
2. Can interfere with cancer cell growth and proliferation, as well as induce apoptosis.
3. Be active against HIV by inhibiting virus expression and replication.
4. Accelerating healing of injured skin.
5. Inhibiting oral sugar metabolism and retard growth of certain bacteria.
6. Enhancing bone density and strength.
7. Protecting against carcinogenesis and prove supplementation for sunscreen protection.
Function of Pterostilbene:
1. Has function of lowering blood lipids and cholesterol.
2. Can be used for treatment of diabetes.
3. Has function of anti-inflammatory, antineoplastic, anti-cancer, and antioxidant actions via modulations of gene expression and enzyme activity.
Pterostilbene is isolated and identified in blueberries, cranberries, grapes and Dracaena species, it is similar in chemical structure to resveratrol. White crystal; soluble in ethanol, methanol, acetone, ethyl acetate and chloroform, insoluble in water.It's melting point is 87-88,and Molecular formula is C40H56O2 .Recent studies show that pterostilbene has extensive activities such as antifungal(5-fold than that of resveratrol), cancer chempreventive, cancer cell cytotoxic, antioxident, and the most important, cholesterol-lowering(better than ciprofibrate) and anti-diabetic(comparable to metformin) activities. It is now considered to be an agonist of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha(PPARa). Our group has accomplished the chemical synthesis of pterostilbene and is seeking partners for co-development.
Pterostilbene is a stilbenoid chemically related to resveratrol. It is thought to be the key compound found predominantly in blueberries (as well as grapes) that exhibit anti-cancer, anti-hypercholesterolemia, anti-hypertriglyceridemia properties, as well as fight off and reverse cognitive decline. It is believed that the compound also has anti-diabetic properties, but so far very little has been studied on this issue. Additionally, it is also touted as a potent anti-fungal.
In plants, it serves a defensive phytoalexin role.It is a type of antioxidant that works by affecting the genes involved in fat metabolism.
Get A Free Quote Now!
Just tell us your requirements, we can do more than you can imagine.