Fluconazole powder is a triazole antifungal drug used in the treatment and prevention of superficial and systemic fungal infections. In a bulk powder form, it appears as a white crystalline powder, and it is very slightly soluble in water and soluble in alcohol.
Fluconazole is used to prevent and treat a variety of fungal and yeast infections. It belongs to a class of drugs called azole antifungals. It works by stopping the growth of certain types of fungus.
Fluconazole is an antifungal medication used for a number of fungal infections. This includes candidiasis, blastomycosis, coccidiodomycosis, cryptococcosis, histoplasmosis, dermatophytosis, and pityriasis versicolor. It is also used to prevent candidiasis in those who are at high risk such as following organ transplantation, low birth weight babies, and those with low blood neutrophil counts.
Grade: Pharmaceutical Grade
Color: White or slight yellow crystalline powder
Chemical Name: 2-(2,4-difluorophenyl)-1,3-bis (1H-1, 2,4-triazol-1-yl)-2-propanol
CAS No.: 86386-73-4
Molecular formula: C13H12F2N6O
Mocular Weight: 306.271
Melting point: 138-140°C
Flash point: 304.4°C
Triazole antifungal agent. Effective against Candida strains in vitro and in vivo .
Used as an antifungal
Shelf life: 2 Years
1. Fluconazole is indicated in the treatment of febrile neutropenia when fungal infections are suspected or proven.
2. Fluconazole is indicated in nonimmunocompromised patients for the treatment of onychomycosis caused by tinea unguium, Trichophyton species and Candida species.
3. Fluconazole is indicated for the treatment and suppression of cryptococcal meningitis.
4. Fluconazole is indicated in the treatment of pulmonary and disseminated coccidioidomycosis caused by Coccidioides immitis.
5. Fluconazole is indicated in the treatment of vulvovaginal candidiasis caused by Candida species.
6. Fluconazole is indicated for the treatment of serious infections, including peritonitis, pneumonia, and urinary tract infections, caused by susceptible Candida species.
7. Fluconazole is also indicated for the treatment of systemic infections caused by Candida species in neonates.
8. Fluconazole is indicated for the treatment of esophageal and oropharyngeal candidiasis (thrush) caused by Candida species.
9. Fluconazole is indicated for the prophylaxis of candidiasis in patients undergoing bone marrow transplant who receive cytotoxic chemotherapy and/or radiation therapy.
Hello, please leave your name and email here before chat online so that we won't miss your message and contact you smoothly.